Write to the Point

& Just Like That

Fire up your word processor. Open a blank document. Press Shift-7. Do you see a little squiggly symbol that looks like a squashed g-clef? That’s called the ampersand, and it means “and.” An ampersand is a lot like a tuxedo. It’s quite fancy. In some places, it’s a requirement. But you wouldn’t wear a tuxedo …

& Just Like That Read More »